Friday, February 4, 2011

Recycled Gift Wrap (Frugal Fridays)


One of the ways I save a little money is by not spending and arm and a leg on giftwrap. 

A few years back I would have never dreamed of using the comics as giftwrap.  But for Christmas that is the bulk of what I used to wrap our gifts. 

I figured if I was spending less than $5 on this really nice gift, I really didn't want to spend $3 or more on the wrapping.  Some ways that I save on wrapping gifts:

  • Comics and Newspaper
  • Recycle gift bags from previous gifts; Christmas, Birthdays, Baby showers, etc
  • Save the fronts of greeting cards.  They really dress up newsprint, etc.   
  • Save boxes, tissue and ribbons from everythings; you never know when you may need it
After Christmas I found 2 rolls of Christmas paper in our storage.  I guess we will have to use it next year! 

I also check garage sales and thrift stores for good deals on greeting/note cards.  And I have enjoyed making my own greeting/note cards out of cardstock, scrapbooking paper and pictures.  So much fun and can be made so personal!  You do have to buy the invitation envelope, if you want an envelope!  (I have found that less is needed when you just want to make due with what you have.)

What frugal ways do you save?

No comments: