Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 1 - No Media - Proverbs 31:12

Proverbs 31:12

"She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life"

Wow, what a scripture to start off this amazing time with the Lord. Please tell me I am not the only one who has ever been mean, hateful and down right ugly to their husband. I hate to admit that this is how I was over the weekend! I am astonished at some of the things I said to my husband and really emberassed about some of the ways I acted. I believed so many lies the enemy was telling me and in turn took everything out on him. I was on my period over the weekend but I do not want to lean on that as an excuse but to notice that this is the time during the month that I struggle. I hope this drawing to the Lord will help me to do better in 28 days when I am faced with this struggle once again.

I am going to work on memorizing this scripture this week. I will also be working on getting up early to spend time with the Lord. We have a Starbucks across the street from where we live and I plan to walk my little self there tomorrow at 6am!

When I read Proverbs 31 or a book about being a good wife/mom, I sometimes get discouraged and think that those women must have super powers to be able to do all those things in a 24 hour period. To me it is impossible. What I/we have to take notice of is that they do have super powers, Jesus! If we are consistantly communing with him everythings is so much more possible. I believe for me it has to be the beginning of my day. I have tried to work it into the later part of the day and it does not have the same effect. So for tomorrow, I will attempt to arrise early and spend those early moments with my Heavenly King! Then I will be better prepared to serve my Earthly King!

No comments: