Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade crayons

I have been reading a new blog lately. http://www.crockpot365.blogspot.com/. Her name is Stephanie and in 2008 she made a resolution to make something in her crockpot every day for a year. She did it and her blog boasts with wonderful recipes. One that was interesting to me recently was Crockpot Crayons. My 1 year old generally eats our crayons so I thought trying out the chunky crayons my be a good idea. I did not use the crockpot because my muffin tin would not fit but I did include the link for Stephaines Crockpot Crayons experience.

I took all of our broken crayons and broke them up into small pieces. I lined my mini muffin pan with foil and seperated the crayons into each tin by color. I made sure to press them into the holes. Then I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. They seemed to melt pretty quick. I then took them out to cool. Once they were a little cooler I put them in the freezer to cool quicker. After that they popped out of the foil pretty easy. Now the true test will be to see if Abi will color with them!!




No comments: