Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Oatmeal Pumpkin Raisin cookies

I had the pleasure of spending yesterday evening with my friend Olivia's daughter Ariel. She is 3 weeks younger than Zeke and since Zeke went to bed at 5:30pm last night (and yes he slept until 6:30am) it was just me, Ariel and Abi and later Ariel's sister Analiese. We decided to bake some cookies. Mike had asked me earlier yesterday to make him some oatmeal raisin cookies. Since I had cooked pumpkin all day I figured it would be fun to try that in the cookies. I got the base of my recipe from a Beter Homes and Gardens cookbook but I made several changes. I do not have pictures but will be happy to include the recipe.

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup agave necter
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 eggs (I substituted with 2 TB flax seed mill + 1/3 cup water)
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup brown rice flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup cooked pumpkin (you could use canned)
1/2 cup raisins

Mix butter, brown sugar, agave, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix. Add flour. Mix. Add oats, pumpkin and raisins. Mix well.
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

I also put balls of cookies on cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen I remove and place in freezer bag to pull out any time you or your husband want cookies.

I plan to try this again and omit the brown sugar. I will have to let you know!

Enjoy!!

No comments: