Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Proverbs 31 Wife

I don't know about you but I desire to be a Proverbs 31 Woman, Wife and Mother everyday. That doesn't mean I even come close to getting there even on my best days. When my husband and I got married I learned about this thing called submission and I also began reading more in depth into Proverbs 31. Really reading it for "me". I came across a website that will email you daily devotions regarding being a wife, mother and a woman.

Today I got a devotion that I definately needed to hear. I have been bickering with my husband over the past few days. Not over anything big just some insecurities of my own that I tend to blame on him. (I have to be honest and say that it takes me a while to admit that this is what was going on, hence I said I have been bickering for a few days)

The part that spoke the loudest to me in this devo was where she said to "be silent". I have the hardest time being silent. If Icould just figure out how to keep myself from having the "last word" we would all be okay. But I tend to think it is my job to tell my husband what he is doing wrong and how to fix it. Boy does that not work well in marriage.

SO for today I will learn to be silent. I will choose my words wisely. I will pray and speak the truth over my heart and my family. I will love and serve my husband every day. I will teach my daughter what it means to be a Proverbs 31 wife, woman and mother!

I have put the link below to the devotion. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

http://proverbs31devotions.blogspot.com/2009/11/battles-within.html

No comments: