Friday, January 21, 2011

Eating 1 meal of the same color

After reading a post from Chasing Cheerios I decided to incorporate food into our study of colors.  So each week we will be eating one meal that consists of foods that are the same color.  (I was not able to locate the post but the link will take you to the website which has so many fun and exciting activities.)

Last week was the first week and we talked about Yellow!  So on Sunday night we ate all yellow foods.  It was so much fun.  On the menu was Yellow Rice with ground beef, squash & corn.  The ground beef was seasoned with Tumeric Root so it was yellow tinted.  I also made Banana Pudding.  A first for me and it was yummy!!  See pic below. 

This week is Pink & Green and we will be having Spinach Pizza.  (I am sure I will think of something else to go with it.  Probably salad. )  Next week is Blue and we plan to have Blueberry Pancakes, Blue Eggs, Blue Koolaid and Blue Jello.  I will post pictures so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

What a great idea!! One thing we enjoy each summer is making a meal from a different country. My daughters love to help me prepare it - although they're not as big on the eating it! ;)

The banana pudding certainly looks delicious!

Angela Adams said...

Thanks Tracey! I may try that when mine get a little older. We can study the country and then choose a meal to cook. Great idea!