Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Word for 2011

After reading several blogs about choosing a word for the year, I have done just that!

The word I have chosen for this year is.....


Obedient

Obedience to God
Obedience to My husband
Obedience to My self
Obedience to My kids

I have broken each one of the categories down and found practical ways that I can fulfill this word over the next 365 (less now) days of 2011!!!

God:
Daily Quiet time
Read the bible through in a year
Daily Prayer time
Giving (not just finanaciallly)

Hubs:
Pray for him daily
Weekly date night
Taking care of myself
Daily flirting, encouraging
Being aware of my "tone" (I can say alot with the way I say something)

Self:
Daily Quiet time
Weekly Alone Time
Routine (me and kids)

Kids:
Pray for them daily
Play with them daily
Routine
Lesson Plans for School (we homeschool)

I have also made financial, personal/relational, spiritual and physical goals for myself for this year!

The phrase that has come to mind as I have prayed and sought the Lord over this word and goals for this year is...

"It is up to me!"

That is not to say that I do not have to lean on God to have the strength but to me it means that I have to put myself out there and allow God to meet me!!! 


If you have made any goals for this year and you want to share, please leave me a comment!!

God Bless!!!!

No comments: