Saturday, January 29, 2011

God's Way

Isaiah 55:8-9

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."


Focusing on the goodness of God seeing the bigger picture!  Boy am I glad that His thoughts are higher than mine and His ways are higher than mine!! 

I recently was asked to complete a reveiw of myself at my job.  I had the hardest time even sitting down and reading it to complete it.  I did not want to speak too highly of myself but I also did not want to focus on the negative.  Bottom line I would have much rather had someone else complete it!  When it came down to it, I basically rated myself  "mediocre".  My supervisor came back to me and smiled and said "you do not think enough of yourself".  She rated me "excellent" in most topics.  She had great encouraging things to say. 

Why is it that I was so quick to focus on the negatives?  Not wanting to brag about myself?  Do I sense a bit of insecurities? 

My husband and I recently were discussing the scripture "Love your neighbor as yourself" from Matthew 22:39.  How hard can it be to love your neighbor as yourself if you do not Love yourself?  If you are not speaking  highly or at least thinking highly of yourself how can you pass that on to your neighbor?  Believe me I am not advocating being big headed, prideful or having your head stuck up your own butt!  But I know I could definately "love myself" a little bit more. 

How do you love yourself?  Right now for me it is to not leave my "needs" at the bottom of the list.  I have to take some time each day for ME!  If I do not take care of ME there will be no ME to give away!

This post definately went in a couple of different ways, mostly I am thankful that God's thoughts and ways are  greater and bigger than my own!  I am thankful today that He sees the bigger picture.  Makes it much easier to follow His lead! 

No comments: