Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 7 - Love Dare

I think I did Day 6 a little different than it read. I listed areas where I have to be cautious to not react negatively. I think it was asking for you to list areas where you can relieve stress from your life to allow for the things that may cause you to become irritable. I can make that list also. Although on the day I did this I completely bombed at not reacting negatively I have my list and will try to re-read it often as well as the list of areas to relieve stress. One way I try to relieve stress is to get some time alone, even if it is only once per week. My husband is very encouraging in this area. Today a friend and I were planning to meet and we didn’t so I took advantage of that and got away for an hour alone. It definitely is helpful to me. It gives me a new perspective on my day!

Day 7 – Love believes the Best

This section talks about the “Appreciation Room” and the “Depreciation Room”. To me this was a good chapter. The author describes the Appreciation Room as where we list all the things we love about our spouse and the Depreciation Room as the place where unfortunately we list the things that bother us about our spouse. If we focus too long on the things in the Depreciation Room we tend to only see the negative. Even though the things in this room are true it is important not to dwell on them. “Love knows about the Depreciation Room but chooses not to live there.” Love focuses on the positive.

Today’s Dare – Get two sheets of paper. On the first one, spend a few minutes writing out positive things about your spouse. Then do the same with the negative things on the second sheet. Place both sheets in a secret place for another day. There is a different purpose and plan for each sheet. At some point during the remainder of the day pick a positive attribute from the first list and thank your spouse for having this characteristic.

No comments: