Thursday, February 5, 2009

Love Dare - Day 2

Tomorrow is Day 2 of the Love Dare. I did not do very well today. I did not feel well and was very tired so therefore had a couple of moments where I was not very patient. I will try again tomorrow. The reading for day 2 is about Kindness. "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you" Ephesians 4:32. It says "kindness is love in action". It also says "if patience is how love reacts in order to minimize a negative circumstance, kindness is how love acts to maximize a positive circumstance". It breaks kindness down into 4 core ingredients: Gentleness, Helpfullness, Willingness, and Initiative. I like how it says that "kindness graces a wife with the ability to serve her husband without worrying about her rights".

The Love Dare for Tomorrow is - In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

I am not sure what act of kindness I will do. I am thinking about either ironing his clothes (I hate to iron and my husband knows this) he would be very surprised if I iron his clothes without him asking me to. I may also bake him something with butterscotch chips in it. He really likes that! I will also have to practice patience and not say anything negative again tomorrow! Hopefully I will feel better!

Enjoy!

No comments: