Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Love Dare - Day 4

I got busy over the weekend and fell behind. I am now catching up! For Day 3, I did not go out and buy anything super fancy for my husband. I have been doing daily notes and small gifts for him for the 14 days til Valentines Day. I gave him a special handmade card (Zeke and I made cards on Monday) and Raspberry Chocolate candy bar yesterday. This may not be expensive or anything but I believe it does show Mike I was thinking about him because I remembered recently that he bought Raspberry Chocolate candy.

Day 4 is Love is Thoughtful! This part of the book talks about how easy it is to be thoughtful in the beginning of the relationship but once you are married and living everyday with this person it could be easy to neglect them. (i paraphrased in my own words). "Love thinks!" I have felt like I am pretty thoughtful of my husband but lately with a 2 year old and a 7 month old I forget things and have neglected him more. There are a few things he has asked me to do several months ago that I haven't done. Also ironing his shirts is something I know I could do to be more thoughtful! Can you tell I dislike ironing??

Today's Dare - Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

This shouldn't be too hard. I am also still working on not saying anything negative. It seems that in the days since I started this Dare I have been more and more impatient. I seem to have so much on my mind and not being focused on Mike! I have been thinking about how this is going to change my way of life and thinking! One of the things stated in this chapter is "the fact that marriage has added another person to your universe does not change" and when you have children there are more people added to your universe. You are not alone anymore! This has been on my mind lately and I am learning that there are some things I am having to let go of. But that could be a whole other post!! Maybe later! gotta go focus on my hubby!!! :0)

No comments: