Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love Dare - Day 6

Yesterday’s dare wasn’t too hard. It is easy for me and Mike to discuss things. I did have to hold my tongue to not defend myself. The challenge will be trying to avoid doing these things. (ie. One thing that bothers my husband is my sneezes. They are loud and annoying to his ears. This is something I will have to try to be more aware of.)

Love Dare – Day 6
Day 6 – Love is not irritable
This section says “Love is hard to offend and quick to forgive”. I was surprised at this next statement “Some people have the motto “Never pass up an opportunity to get upset with your spouse” when something goes wrong they quickly take full advantage of it by expressing how hurt of frustrated they are” This section lists 2 key reasons that contribute to a person being irritable. Stress and Selfishness “Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks” Matthew 12:34. Being easily angered is an indicator that a hidden area of selfishness or insecurity is present where love is supposed to rule.

Love Dare for today: Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

No comments: