Friday, February 6, 2009

Love Dare - Day 3

Well I have completed Day 2 of the Love Dare. I did very well today. Several times I did things that I knew my husband would like. I ironed his shirt this morning, made cookies and encouraged him to take his time coming home. This was a big deal because usually I am begging him to come home quickly!!!
Day 3 of the Love Dare is about Love is not Selfish. The book asks this question "Why do we have such low standards for ourselves but such high expectations for our mate? The answer is we are all selfish". This chapter encourages you to put the happiness of your spouse before your own happiness. "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves. Philippians 2:3"

Day 3 - Love Dare: Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says "I was thinking of you today."

Enjoy!

No comments: