Friday, February 27, 2009

Love Dare - Day 8

Day 8 – Love is not jealous

This chapter talks about jealousy of your spouse’s successes. One statement I underlined is “If selfishness rules, any good thing happening to only one of you can be a catalyst for envy rather than congratulations.” Another is “he sees her as completing him, not competing with him.”

Today’s Dare – Determine to become your spouse’s biggest fan and to reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help you set your heart on your spouse and focus on their achievements, take yesterday’s list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he or she has recently enjoyed.


I didn’t think I had a problem with yesterday’s Jealousy topic. I felt like I have never been jealous of my husband’s successes. Where this is true I may have never been jealous of his success, I have been jealous of his freedom. I am a full time stay at home mom. My husband works very hard and lots of hours so needless to say when he is off work he would still like to have some time to himself, just about the time I would love a break as well. I have struggled in this area in the past but have worked hard to get some alone time when I can in order to fend off any jealousy that could result in me saying negative things and hurting my husband. I also find that the things he does in his personal time I am not so interested in. So I focused today on showing some interest in one of those things.

No comments: